LAST UPDATE: July 10, 2019
This Policy describes the types of personal information we collect through the Site and how that personal information may be used and/or with whom it may be shared. This Policy also describes how you can reach us to update your personal information, access and control the use of the personal information, or get answers to questions you may have about our privacy practices at this Site. Please read this Policy carefully, because by accessing and using this Site you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the terms of this Policy.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- When do we collect your information?
- What information do we collect?
- What information do we collect?
- Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- What choices do you have about your personal information?
- Location of this Site
- How long do we retain your personal information?
- Third party links
- How do we protect your information?
- Individuals within the European Union
- Your California privacy rights
- Do we collect information from children?
- Contacting us
Challenger collects information relating to you and your use of the Site in order to provide services and features that are responsive to your needs. Challenger collects personal information in the following ways:
- From other third party sources. We may receive information about you from our third-party service providers who help us to provide services to you, including our Site.
- Automatically as you navigate the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, email address, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Manually Provide.
Challenger collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site, including but not limited to:
- First and last name
- Email address
Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser.
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the identity of your Internet service provider, the name and version of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings.
The information we receive from your web browser and/or device is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable. Generally, we use this information in the aggregate to help us improve this Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you. We may also review our server logs for security purposes-for example, to detect intrusions into our network-and we might share our server logs, which contain visitors’ IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify you.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies.
We process personal information in order to provide services to you and additional services you request, as well as to respond to communications from you. The precise purposes for which your personal information is processed will be determined by the request, and by applicable laws, regulatory guidance, and professional standards.
We use information we collect from you and information that we collect automatically to manage and improve our Site and our business. We take steps to ensure that your rights are safeguarded.
Generally, we use the personal information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in any other agreement between you and us.
Please see below for information about the choices you have about the ways we use your personal information.
We do not sell, trade, or transfer your personal information to third parties, except in the circumstances described below.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may disclose your personal information to our vendors and other third-party service providers, such as credit card processors and website hosts, that help us provide services and support features on our Site.
Legal Requirements and Business Transfers
We may disclose personal information (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official requests, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) in connection with an internal audit; or (v) in the event that Challenger is subject to mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, sales of assets, reorganizations, divestitures, dissolutions, bankruptcies, liquidations, or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party.
We offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what personal information we obtain about you and share with others.
In General. We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. In addition, we may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information. For example, we may give you choice about the types of email communications you receive from us and/or our business partners.
Email preferences. You cannot opt out of transactional emails related to your membership/registration with the Site. However, you can opt out of promotional emails we send you. If you wish to stop receiving promotional emails, simply select “unsubscribe” located at the bottom of each communication.
Do Not Track. Because there currently is not an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals, we do not respond to them at this time.
Previously Expressed Preferences. You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. If at any time you wish to be taken off our mailing lists, please contact us using the information provided above. Please provide your full name, postal address, and e-mail address so that we can find you on our mailing lists. Once we have the information we need, we will remove you from our mailing lists as you have requested. Please give us a reasonable amount of time to honor your request.
This Site is hosted and operated in the United States. However, we and our service providers may store information about individuals in the United States, or we may transfer it to, and store it within, other countries.
Visitors from jurisdictions outside the United States visit us at their own choice and risk.
If you are not a resident of the United States, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your personal information outside your home jurisdiction, and that we may store your personal information in the United States or elsewhere. Please note that the level of legal protection provided in the United States from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under privacy standards or the privacy laws of other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We urge you to read the privacy policies of other websites before submitting any information to those websites.
Challenger has implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We strive to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, use or disclosure, using security technologies and procedures, such as encryption and limited access. Only authorized individuals access your personal information, and they receive training about the importance of protecting personal information.
Controllers of Personal Data
Challenger Breadware LLC
2300 Clover Lane
Northfield, Illinois 60093
is the data controller of the personal data processed through the Site.
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
If you are an individual located in the European Union (EU), we collect and process personal data about you where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EU laws. This means we collect and process your data only when:
- it is necessary for a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your individual privacy interests), such as preventing fraud, improving our Site, and increasing the security of the website and network infrastructure;
- you have consented to this collection and processing for a specific purpose;
- it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations; or
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Some examples of where we rely on your consent to process your personal data include sending you marketing emails. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some examples of our legitimate interests for processing personal data include:
- website and network security;
- customer support;
- fraud prevention; or
- improving our Site.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data, you may have the right to object. More information on exercising this right can be found in the Individual Rights section below.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are located in the EU, you have certain rights under EU data protection law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data. You may also have the right to receive a copy of your personal data in a commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit such data to another controller. You also may object to processing of your personal data, or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances.
To request deletion of, access to, or to make changes to your personal data, or to otherwise any of the rights in this section, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that not all requests can be honored.
Transfers, Storage, and Processing
Our Site is from and hosted on servers located in the United States. If you access and use our website from a location outside of the United States, any personal data you provide to us or that is otherwise collected may be transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in our sole discretion. Users of our Site should be aware that the laws that apply to the use and protection of personal data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions to which we transfer, or in which we process, personal data may differ from those of your country of residence. Users who access or use our Site from jurisdictions outside of the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. While we take steps to safeguard your personal data, the United States has NOT been deemed by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Accordingly, the level of protection provided in the United States or other non-EU countries and jurisdictions from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under EU data protection standards or the data protection laws of some other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
If we are processing your personal data on behalf of another party, your personal data is transferred across borders to the United States or to other countries or jurisdictions in which we or our third-party associates may process personal data through the use of Standard Contract Clauses.
Pursuant to applicable California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), Challenger makes the following disclosures regarding the personal information collected by Challenger:
|Category of Personal Information||Category of Source from Which Data is Collected||Purpose of Collection||Category of Third Parties to Whom Data is Disclosed|
|Name||Website||Fulfill orders||Fulfillment vendors, credit card processors|
|Address||Website||Fulfill orders||Fulfillment vendors, credit card processors|
|Telephone number||Website||Fulfill orders||Fulfillment vendors, credit card processors|
|Email address||Website||Fulfill orders||Fulfillment vendors, credit card processors|
If you are a California resident, pursuant to the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), you have the right to request:
- the categories of personal information Challenger has collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling your personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom Challenger shares your personal information;
- the specific pieces of personal information Challenger has collected about you;
- the categories of personal information that Challenger has sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, if applicable;
- deletion of your personal information; and
- an opt out of having your personal information disclosed or sold to third parties.
To submit a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
However, Challenger will not be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for Challenger to maintain your personal information in order to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of Challenger’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and Challenger;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when Challenger’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with the Challenger;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Challenger will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- denying goods or services to you;
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features, including your name or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pursuant to CCPA, we will not sell the personal information of any consumer less than 16 years of age, unless the consumer, in the case of consumers between 13 and 16 years of age, or the consumer’s parent or guardian, in the case of consumers who are less than 13 years of age, has affirmatively authorized the sale of the consumer’s personal information.